Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Reflection: The Periodic Table

I thought that the book was very interesting. I found it interesting how Primo Levi linked named his chapters as elements and linked them to his life. For instance he named one of his chapters nickel because he worked in a nickel mine and so he told the story of how he worked in the mine. To be quite honest I never thought that a book that contained the name the Periodic Table would be such a good book. I never thought that I would have liked it as much as I did. It still amazes me. I liked how he described some of his first lab encounters. Like when he took the match and lit it to test to see if the gas in the jar was really hydrogen or if it were chlorine gas. It kind of made me laugh because that was not the brightest idea, but then again he did prove his point.

No comments:

Post a Comment