Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What if refrigerators did not exist?

You never think about how life would be like if we did not have some of the most basic appliances that we have today. One of these appliances is the refrigerator, but what if this appliance was never invented? What would life be like and what would the people's reaction be if all of the refrigerators just stopped working? If refrigerators did not exist then people would find other ways to preserve their food like they used to. People would still be using ice boxes and salts in order to preserve their food. Today we do not think about these appliances like that because we use them every day. I think that people would not know how to react to the situation today if all the refrigerators just stopped working completely. I think that there would be food wasted everywhere because it is produced in such a massive quantity making all of the grocery stores lose money. The more modernized people would not know exactly how to do everything like the people used to have to do. I think that modern people might possibly have a hard time with this concept because it is not what they are used to doing. I know that I would not know how to preserve my food without a refrigerator or an ice box. I would be losing some food and some money because of this and I would have to actually cook the food when I got it. Refrigerators have become a necessity but at the same time they could and can be replaced with ice boxes in order to accomplish the same thing that the refrigerator does, keeping the food cool and preserving it as long as the ice is there. We would not be able to store as much food in it though. I think that it would be good for us but at the same time it would be bad.

1 comment:

  1. If refrigerators did not exist, it would be very difficult for us to store things. I think that we would not be able to have the same industries as we do today. Some businesses would not be able to become industrialized.

    ReplyDelete