Monday, September 21, 2009

Homesickness

I never thought that I would get homesickness but within the past week I have realized that I miss being home now than I ever have. I think the only reason that I am feeling a little homesick is because I do not get to see all of my family and friends. I can't help thinking about home because there is just so much going on there. Also it is kind of hard not to be homesick when you live about an hour away, but you cannot go home because you have to perform at a football game. Sometimes I wish that I could get all of my family just to move here while I am attending the university, but this is just all part of the experience of being a college student. So I will just get over the homesickness and keep on going with all of my experiences.

2 comments:

  1. It's hard, isn't it? I'm sorry you're dealing with it, but it will fade. I promise. I know that's a crummy thing to say, really, because everyone says it and it can feel dismissive. I don't mean it that way.

    I hope that you soon start to feel at home here in Memphis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im living with my grandma right now and I kind of feel that way too about being homesick. Ive always been with my mom in mississippi and now that im here its just a big change but im getting more used to it.

    ReplyDelete