Monday, October 5, 2009

I just had a really bad scare tonight. One of my friends called me while I was doing my homework, and asked me to come and have someone drive me to the warehouse where she has cheer practice. As soon as I heard her voice I knew something was wrong. I really knew that something was wrong when she asked me to come pick her up and to drive her car back to campus. When I got there I found out that her nose had gotten broken and that she could not drive. She was telling me that she is probably going to have to get surgery. She also has told me that she has already had the operation once before. So now another friend and I are sitting in her room so we can make sure she is ok until her mom gets here. This is a prime example of how cheer leading can be dangerous, and for people to say that it is not well look at how many people get injured from it.

2 comments:

  1. Yep. It's a real sport even though people kind of forget that (thanks Dallas Cowgirls!). I was a cheerleader forever and ever, and now my knee joints aren't so very happy when I run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheerleading sounds dangerous. If you are dropped from as high as they get, it will most likely hurt, especially when they are performing on a stage or on the track that runs around most football fields in high school.

    ReplyDelete