Monday, October 5, 2009

Sunday, October 4, 2009

So this weekend I went to Phi Mu Alpha's national founder's day. For those of you who do not know what Phi Mu Alpha is then i will tell you. It is a men's music fraternity that is geared for becoming a better brotherhood and to promote music education, and just music in general. There is a lot that I do not know about the fraternity, but I am learning. Also during the weekend the fraternity decided to go to a nursing home and sing to the elderly people. We began the day with like a two hour music rehearsal. During this time I got to meet with other people in Phi Mu Alpha that are from different schools. After we got done with the rehearsal we went and sang at the nursing home. I honestly do not think that I can sing so I was really nervous. I am more of an instrumentalist rather than a vocalist. So you could imagine that i was having some difficulty with this task. After we were done singing we went around to the audience and talked to them for a minute. They were really pleased with the performance. This made me feel really good because we made them happy with our music.

No comments:

Post a Comment