Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I went to Elizabeth Spencer's reading and I enjoyed it. She is an older writer and I never would have never thought that she would sound like she did. As soon as she opened her mouth and spoke I heard her southern voice prevail. It was a true southern voice. I did not expect it to be like that. I have heard southern voices, I mean I have grown up all around it, but hers was one that I had never really heard unless it was in a movie or something like that. I soon got over her beautiful southern voice and I enjoyed the story that she read out of her book. It talked about a period in her childhood. The chapter talked about her hometown and how she would make trips to Memphis in order to go shopping with some ladies in her town. I am really glad that I went to her reading because I enjoyed it more than what I thought I would. After she read out of her book she talked about all the places that she had lived and been. She told us how certain places where home to here or felt like home. She seems like she has had a good life. I think that it would be neat if I could actually get to sit down and talk to her because of all of the things that she has seen and what all she has gone through. That conversation would be a very interesting one, I do believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment